Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mass Card Production

Hello!

Just thought I'd show you what 110 cards looks like. That's right! I made 110 cards in a 4 day period. I'd made 45 of them over a weekend and then made the other 65 in one night. Talk about working my little fingers to the bone!

I was able to assemble the 65 in one night because I'd pre-cut, stamped and punched all the other pieces so it was just a matter of placing and adhering them to the actual card. Still, that kept me up until 2 am.

My company ordered these from me for a special event we were hosting and they wanted each attendee to receive a personalized thank you card. I not only made the 110 cards but I also hand wrote the sentiment in each one.

They gave me a roll of our company ribbon and I used that on the cards. It took a few tries but I figured out the measuring to get our company name visible on the bow. Once I'd gotten the length right, it was just a matter of measuring, marking and cutting. The cards are black and grey because those are our company logo colors. We no longer use the blue as a logo color but they had the ribbon laying around and suggested I somehow incorporate it into the card design.

Here they are all laid out.














A closer view of the front. They are all a bit different.













Here you can see both the front and inside of the card.














I guess they really liked the cards because yesterday they called me from Orlando where the event was being held and for which these cards were used to ask me to make 77 more cards for 2 other events we are holding. Whoo hoo!!!!

Guess I know what I'll be doing over the three day holiday weekend, huh? LOL

Thanks for looking! Have a great day friends.

9 comments:

Lora Oliver said...

These are exquisite! Stunning! I love the color combo, total class!

Paula Calvanico said...

Just gorgeous! Wow hand writing all of em, man o man Serene what a job. Your bows are so perfect I stick at that. WTG on getting these great jobs.

Barb said...

I have to say I am not surprised at how beautifully these turned out!! They are perfect!!!

You rock, Serene. You have so much talent and so glad people are making use of it!!

Great job1!

courtney said...

Beautiful, amazing work! Sounds like you're having lots of fun with these too!
Way to go!

Staci said...

Gorgeous! It would take me two years to make that many cards. :-)

Kathi said...

Quite the entrepreneur, eh? These are gorgeous! I hope the company is paying you big bucks for these. After all you are an ARTIST and they don't come cheap!

Serene said...

Thank you, everyone! I so very much appreciate your kind comments. ;-)

Erika said...

Holy cow Serene! Those look GREAT! I don't know if I'd have the patience to do that many cards!

Susan said...

Wow! That's a bunch of cards!!! Love that pop of blue!