Friday, October 11, 2013

Happy Birthday, Logan!

My son turned 16.  I can't believe he's that old already. My, how the time goes by quickly.  He's a young man and I'm very proud of the man he's becoming.  He is, by far, my greatest achievement and I'm thankful to be his mom.

At his request, we went out to dinner at Red Lobster.  He was craving some lobster or crab legs.  He couldn't quite make up his mind which prior to going.  Being seated in the restaurant didn't make it any easier to decide so he did the only logical thing, he ordered both!  He had a rock lobster tail and an order of snow crab legs.  Initially, I thought this was going to be another dinner where his eyes were bigger than his stomach but he surprised us by putting it all away.   He was quite satisfied after devouring his crustacean dinner.

Jim looks like a lobster himself with his red face.  They'd gone to the beach earlier in the day so that accounts for why he's so sunburned.  I wish that man would learn to use sunscreen. 

Check out my drink aptly called Alotta Colada!   The glass was huge.  I love the sidecar of extra alcohol hanging off the rim. 
I had to take a picture of this guy sporting a "Spock" haircut. 
 His crab came before the rest of our meals so we watched him adeptly crack the shells.
And a little something sweet to sing Happy Birthday over.
We had an excellent meal which we shared with 2 other good friends who happily joined us to celebrate his special day.  
 
It was a nice day and Logan had fun but so did Jim and I.
 
Here's wishing you all a nice day too.
 
 


4 comments:

courtney said...

Happy Birthday, Logan!
Looks like he had a wonderful celebration....as did you! Alotta Colada, indeed!

Paula Calvanico said...

Happy Birthday! Gosh 16" time goes way too fast. Handsome boy you got there Serene. Alotta Colada is putting it mildly! With that sidecar to boot, I'd have been down for the count! Hope he had a great day :)

Staci said...

I hope that Logan had a fantastic birthday! Looked like a yummy dinner!

Uniquely Ella said...

Hi Serene, Happy Birthday to your handsome son. I still think that my nephew that's 25 is still a little boy. He must be so glad that I'm not his mom.
It sound like you had a good time. That drink looks yummy.
Blessing,
Marlene