Thursday, March 7, 2013

On Display

Hi, everyone.

We are bracing for yet another snow storm tonight into tomorrow.  Naturally!  Tomorrow is my birthday and it usually snows on my birthday.  Oh well, such is the life of a winter born baby.  I can tell you this, snow or no snow, I'm going to be celebrating this weekend!  Bring on the fun and alcohol!!!

As some of you may know, I teach scrapbooking classes at a local Michael's craft store.  My store manager asked me to bring in some layouts to be displayed on the classroom walls.  The below layout is one that will be placed in a shadow box and displayed on the wall.

I like this layout even though it's simple.  First, it's blue and we know how much I love the color blue.  Second, because seeing Logan that little brings back so many memories of my sweet little baby.  Oh, why do they have to grow up?  boo hoo! 

I crocheted the yellow flowers.  That blue circle was created by one of my dear online scrappy friends when we did a swap some years back and I thought it was perfect for this layout because of the butterfly on it that matched my background paper.  (I hope the talented creator will forgive me for forgetting who actually made it and remind me.)
I'll post again with the other layouts that will be displayed in the classroom at Michael's.

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Lisa Adair said...

Great layout! Love the colors. Isn't it fun scrapping pictures from years ago when the kids were little.
Happy Birthday to you tomorrow.

courtney said...

Happy Birthday, Serene!
Love the layout. The colours and patterns are great and that picture is just too adorable!
I remember that swap! If I were to take a guess, I'd say Paula made that circle.

Staci said...

Happy birthday, sweetie! Your layout is positively gorgeous!

Paula Calvanico said...

OMG Court, you're right it is mine :) Happy Birthday Serene :) I love how this came it looks gorgeous! They grow way to fast.