Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Weekend shots 10/30-10/31

Hello, blogger friends.

I've been very negligent in posting my weekend pics but here are mine for last weekend.

This is the tree outside my house and a little bit to the right. It was a brilliant sight against the blue sky. The picture doesn't do it justice. On Sunday, we went to Sleepy Hollow, about an hour north of NYC. Yes, it's the same Sleepy Hollow of the Headless Horseman tale. We went to a historic manor to take a tour but opted not to once we arrived. They did have a quaint but pricey gift shop. I saw this display tree with all these birds hanging from it and had to take a picture of it. Sunday was the 1 year anniversary of my mom's passing and she loved birds. I felt that she was near me when I saw the pretty birds.

I'll be back later. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Barb said...

LOve seeing your pics, Serene. they are so pretty! Don't you just hate it when a picture just doesn't do justice to what you are seeing in person. Bet it was REALLY pretty boecause the pic is great!!

Lisa Adair said...

Love the pics! I know you took that one of tree and leaves just for me... cause you know how much I want to see the fall there!
The tree and birds are so sparkly! Can only imagine what they were like in person! So pretty!