Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend shots 11/20-21

Hi, everyone.

This was a kitty weekend for sure. Raven went to the clinic for spaying on Saturday. She came through the surgery just fine and was bouncing around that same night. She's got a shaved belly but her incision is already healing nicely.

Here's a picture of Jim and Gizmo taking a little nap yesterday afternoon. Cute, right?
Saturday night, we had our monthly gamenight. As usual, we had a great time. We had a new addition to our group. Lisa, a fabulous cat groomer, joined our group for the first time. In this picture, she was giving Gizmo a neck massage and he was just in his glory. Can you tell he was enjoying it? I'd never seen this done with a cat before but, boy, did he love it. If you live in the NY area and need your pet groomed (she does doggies, too) leave me a message and I'll give you Lisa's number. I highly recommend her.
Earlier in the day on Saturday, I took both Dusty and Bluebell to Lisa so she could groom them. They are both long haired kitties so they were in need of a little maintenance.
Here is my poor little Bluebell. He had a more than a few tangles in his long white, persian coat so rather than put him through the pain of trying to brush them out, Lisa, the groomer, suggested we give him what is called the Lion Cut. She did a great job of shaving him down. She was so gentle with both of my furbabies. She even gave Blue a bath- his first ever! He looks so tiny now without his long coat of fluff. What's funny is, Gizmo didn't seem to recognize him when we brought him home after his haircut. To tell you the truth, I, too, am having trouble recognizing my fluffball since he's no longer a fluffball.
The good news is his hair will grow back in a few months and he'll go back to looking like my persian fluffball but in the meantime, I won't have white tumbleweeds rolling across my hardwood floors. LOL
Have a great day!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Aww, how precious! I love seeing your kitties. Too funny about Giz not recognizing Bluebell!

Barb said...

Oh my goodness!! What fabulous pictures, Serene!! You just HAVE to scrap those. They are wonderful!!!

Lisa Adair said...

Love the pic of Jim & Giz! It's too precious! And Giz getting a neck rub... too funny! I can't believe how he's just all laid out there! He's going to want that again and again and again!!

courtney said...

Looks as though Gizmo has a new best friend! I never realized there were actually cat groomers, though why not?
Love all the pics, I'm such a sucker for the critters!

Paula Calvanico said...

Oh my that is too cute!! Love Jim with the kitty :)

Poor Blue, he looks exhausted now! Long hair is hard with the pets. ZuZu hates to be brushed.