Monday, August 30, 2010

New mini album project

So here is a little project that I worked on yesterday afternoon. It's a mini album but I made this entirely myself out of cardstocky paper.

Here is the outside cover. Notice the satin ribbon lacing. I threaded the ribbon thru eyelets for support and to minimize tearing. I took a 12 x 12 sheet and cut it in half and glued it to the other half to make it double thick. I then took an identical sheet and did the same on the other side. I then laced them together. Here is the mini open. Again a bit of ribbon thru eyelets.

Here is the center at full view. I plan on adding more folded-over flaps like the center ones to the inside covers flaps.

Here is a closer view of the center. Each "page" has a different border punched into it. This was a great way to use a bunch of my border punches all in one project.
Each page is double sided. Also provides a place for more pics.
And here is the back cover.
Hope you like my little project. It took a little trial and error but I eventually figured it all out. I plan on making more of these.
Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Barb said...

It is gorgeous, Serene. I love the colors and papers you chose. Pretty creative the way you did it, too!

Looking forward to seeing more!!

Melissa said...

Oh wow, Serene.. that's just gorgeous! What a fabulous mini-album!

Kathi said...

Beautiful! You did a fantastic job on all the edges and the colors are magnificent. So not blue! I love it.

Paula Calvanico said...

OOoo, it's so pretty Serene, I really like it the colors are very calming

Lisa Adair said...

Ohhhh, bring this to the retreat. You can show us how you made it. Can't wait to see it with pics in it!!